How to get your P2 Licence?Learn Drive Survive
What is the process for getting your P2 Licence?
In order to get your P2 Licence or go from your red P’s your green P’s, you will have to pass the Hazard Perception Test (HPT). Have you held your red P’s or P1 licence for at least 12 months? If so, you will be eligible to try and pass the HPT.
If you successfully pass the HPT, you can apply for a P2 driver’s licence. However, if during the 12 month period your P1 licence is or was suspended for any reason, the suspension period time does not go towards your P2 licence therefore, you must keep your P1 licence for the equivalent time of the suspension, before you can apply for a P2 licence.
Rules for P2 drivers
P2 Licence holders still must abide by certain conditions as per their licence. P2 drivers must comply with current NSW Road Rules and legislation including the following;
- Use mobile phones for calls and audio only. The phone must be securely mounted, or you must use an automated audio device. Touching a phone (eg text or video functions) is against the law
- Have P plates displayed (green P on a white background) clearly on the front and back of the vehicle, on the outside. The letter P on the plate must not be hidden. If you’re towing a trailer, a P plate must be on the back of the trailer
- Observe a maximum speed limit of 100 km/h, and observe the posted speed limit where it’s below 100 km/h
- Not exceed zero blood alcohol concentration. This means you cannot have any alcohol in your system when you drive a vehicle. It’s also illegal to drive under the influence of drugs
- Not supervise a learner driver
- Ensure all occupants, including yourself, are in a seat that has a seatbelt or an approved restraint fitted, and that each passenger is using the seatbelt or restraint.
We care about your driving future as much as you do. Our experienced driving instructors are patient and want to see you succeed.
You Can Count On Us
We thrive on helping learner drivers’ achieve their ultimate goal of getting their licence and want to see all of our students happy learning to drive with Learn. Drive. Survive.
Learn. Drive. Survive. offer affordable driving lessons for all students of all ages and can accomodate your budget requirements.
Lesson Packages AvailableWe understand the importance of affordability when it comes to paying out for driving lessons. That’s why we offer several lesson packages to suit your budget.
Gift Vouchers Available
Give someone that special surprise with a gift voucher to learn to drive with experienced and qualified driving instructors.
Learning to Drive?
Our Driving Lesson gift vouchers are the perfect gift for anyone learning to drive. Give us a call to arrange a lesson package. Call 1300 898 969
Translate Page »
Safer Drivers Course!
Become a safer driver get 20 log book hours! Dismiss