Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take me to learn to drive?
This can be a difficult question as everybody is different and everyone learns at different speeds. Nevertheless, our professional driving instructors strive to get students at Learn. Drive. Survive. to a competent standard in the shortest possible time.
What type of cars can I do my driving lessons in?
Our driving school cars are modern and less than 5 years old. We offer both manual and automatic vehicles for you to complete your driver training.
Are your driving school vehicles dual control?
Absolutely! All of our driving school cars are professionally fitted with dual controls. This enables your driving instructor to ensure that you are safe and allows them to assist you whenever required.
How soon should I commence driving lessons?
You should start your driving lessons with a professional driving school like us, as soon as you get your learners licence. Learning to drive is most effective when you are new to driving and will allow plenty of time to get you ready for your driving test.
Can I be picked up from school, work or home?
Certainly. At the time of booking online, you will be prompted to add a pick-up location or address. If you have a driving lesson booked and need to be picked up somewhere different to your initial pick-up location, kindly let us know so that your driving instructor is there to meet you.
Am I covered by insurance?
Most certainly and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Learn. Drive. Survive. have full comprehensive insurance for everyone’s coverage. Our instructors are members of the ADTA and hold current Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance and our vehicles are comprehensively insured with reputable insurance companies.
For added security and safety, all of our vehicles have driving cameras fitted.
Can I use more than 1 hour driving lesson at a time?
You sure can. If you have purchased one of our packages or you would like to book single driving lessons, we can arrange for you to take more then a 1 hour driving lessons at any one time.
What will I need to bring with me for my driving lessons?
Please bring with you your Learners licence, and logbook. If you forget or have misplaced your logbook, we can simply record your hours for you until your next lesson. If you forget to bring your learner licence, unfortunately you will not be able to take your driving lesson as it is an offence not to carry your licence whilst operating a vehicle on a public road.
Can I still drive if I have lost or forget to bring my learners licence?
No. It is an offence in New South Wales not to carry your
Are there rules for learner drivers?
There certainly is. In addition to complying with the NSW Road Rules, learner driver must comply with the following;
- Only drive cars
- Be supervised at all times by the holder of a full (not learner or provisional) Australian driver licence
- Have L plates displayed (black L on an orange/yellow background) clearly at the front and back of the vehicle, on the outside (or an L sign on the roof) when
driving.The letter L on the plate must not be hidden
- Observe a maximum speed limit of 90 km/h, and observe the posted speed limit where it is below 90km/h
- Not tow any other vehicle
- Not exceed zero blood alcohol concentration. This means you cannot have any alcohol in your system when you drive a vehicle. It is also illegal to drive under the influence of drugs
- Not supervise another learner driver
- Only carry the number of passengers that can be properly seated in seats and restrained by approved seat belts or child restraints
- Only drive vehicles that have a seat belt fitted to the driver’s position, and you must wear the seat belt
- Not use any mobile phone, including hands-free devices or
loud speaker, while driving, or while your vehicle is stopped, but not parked.
- If in Sydney, not drive in Parramatta Park or Centennial Park.
Can I be refunded if I don't use all of my hours?
No problems at all.
How much time do I need to give if I want to cancel a driving lesson?
Please provide us at least 48 hours notice should you wish to cancel a booking to allow us in
How long are your driving lessons?
We offer 1 hour, 1.5 hour and 2 hour driving lessons. Alternatively, if you would like to extend this, please contact us to make arrangements.